The writing of the Budapest Archive confirms that our village already existed in the year 1252. Yardmen had lived here at this time, who served in the Bratislava castle. Since 1356, the village in the written mentions has occurred under the current name ODOUR (Dvor).
One says, at the time the Avars, in the 6th century, was the village not on the current place, but rather at this time main road, that led to Dunajská Streda. The entrenchment (remains of the Ring), which was built around the village, exists today. On this entrenchment, we can see the cemetery and the church with a chapel according to what it got its name "Kápolnadomb" (Chapel Hill). Archaeologists found here many valuable findings in the year 1946 out of the time of Celts and Avars. A part of this finding is displayed in the Corn Island Museum.
The oldest monument of the village is the already mentioned chapel and church on the hill. The chapel was dedicated to laud The Holy Trinity by the Bratislava bishop István Bakó in the year 1735. The Holy Trinity is the patron of the village therefore each year organizes the church ale at the first Sunday after Whitsun. From the original altar in the chapel, only the baroque painting of The Holy Trinity is still in existence.
The inner part of the church received in the 1972 interesting icons. On the lower part of the icon are four letters: AMDG what means in Latin: AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM, in English: To the greater glory of God. To be mentioned are also the house in the village, constructed around the year 1830 and the mansion of Doctor János Wippern, the consul of that time monarchy, constructed around the year 1890. In the valley of the church, at the cemetery we can find the cave "Lourdes".
Except fruitful ground, which meant until recently the existence for most inhabitants, in the land register of the village are lot of swamps and morass.
The swampiest part of the village called "Mocsola" is not far from the small Danube. This area is also called as “Rét”.
The 750-year-old village has its own crest and flag whereon with right is proud each inhabitant, because it means not only the reflection of the past, but rather the example for the future. The sign – an armed hand with silver sword in red underground – was acknowledged in the year 1910 by at that time royal Secretary of the Interior as the sign of the village.
Through the history to the present
The decisive turning point in the story of the village came in the year 1960 when our village became united with the neighbouring village of Velké Dvorníky. Until 1990, this connection lasted, since those times is Malé Dvorniky again independent thanks to the inhabitant, its effort and work for a modern and well-kept village.
From 1993 to 2000, the Village House was built, what serves at the same time as an authority for the community.
In the year 2002, a new sport field was opened for the inhabitants.
In the same year a rest area with reed roof has been established mainly for the visitors of the village.
Except the reconstructions, that erection of the communication and sidewalk, bicycle paths 18 dwellings were constructed in the last years.
The illumination of the village was modernized also, the children and youths got a new playground.
Since 2005 an economy terrain functions in the land register of the village where three firms have their headquarters.
Thanks to these businesses, the village disposes over enough workplaces not only in the agriculture however also in the industry.